Pages

Friday, May 29, 2015

Finish It Up Friday: Sleepy Supernova Top

As I type this, it's nearly midnight on Thursday night. I had a CE dinner (continuing education) after work today, so I wasn't home until around 9pm. After catching up with the hubs and chasing the cat off the couch because he kept trying to eat the blinds, I snuck upstairs, already tired before my work even began. Despite being tired, I settled in fairly quickly and was enjoying myself as I sang along to my music (rather badly, I might add. Lol). The clock struck 11:30 as I pressed my last seam and got to appreciate my Supernova top in all its glory. :)

I don't know about y'all, but KY is pretty dark at 11:30pm. Also, I don't have many places I can lay a quilt top this size out flat in my apartment and get a picture of it. This meant my pictures are kind of craptastic not quite as good as I'd like. But I managed to clear off the bedroom floor and lay things flat and snap a few pictures. At one point, I just held the camera above my head in an effort to get a picture of the entire top. I even kicked a pile of unfolded laundry into a pile so I could stand on it. Hahahaha!



I'm stoked with how things turned out with this top! I was nervous from the start with my fabric choices, but this turned out just perfect in my eyes, which is what matters most, right? :) I need backing fabric and batting, so I'm not sure when this lovely will get quilted. If I can find a good coupon, I might drop by Jo Ann's soon since I've got a gift card burnin' a hole in my pocket. ;)

Linking up with Needle and Thread Thursday, Finish It Up Friday, and TGIFF!

13 comments:

  1. This looks awesome and you got it together so fast! Whoohoo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alison! I doubt I'll get another top together this quickly, I might have got carried away working on it. Lol. I'm planning to be a bit more snail paced so I can enjoy the pretty weather that has finally arrived and seems to be staying. :)

      Delete
  2. This is fantastic! Are ya hooked on improv yet?? I love the way the colours came together! I'm a big fan of holding a camera over my head to try to capture the whole quilt... never thought about standing on a laundry pile but now that you've planted the idea I see even fewer reasons to bother putting laundry away!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Val! I really am liking improv, I can see myself doing more projects with it. And this was probably the only time I was glad I was behind on chores, I needed the extra boost from the laundry! Lol.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't worry about the pictures! We all know the important thing is that you FINISHED A TOP! Looks great btw...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ann! Finishing a top trumps all when it's late! Lol.

      Delete
  5. Your Supernova is beautiful and the fabric/colors are perfect. Will you free motion quilt it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer! I'm not sure how to quilt it right now. The example in the book had some beautiful FMQ, I might try my hand at something like that. Quilting is always so hard to decide on!!

      Delete
  6. I love this technique and your colors are perfect! I took a class from Jacquie Gering last year too. This quilt is on my I would love to make list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Beth!! It really is a fun quilt to make, you should do it! :)

      Delete
  7. It's awesome. And we've all done some strange things to get good photos. Thanks for linking up with TGIFF.

    ReplyDelete