Pages

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

WIP Wednesday: Trying out Quilt As You Go



Happy Hump Day y'all! The beginning of my week has been busy at work, so my feet and knees are already sore. Luckily, I got Wednesday off, so I get to have a little fun today. On Monday and Tuesday, I worked on this little QAYG (Quilt as you go) slab using this tutorial from Svetlana at S.o.t.a.k Handmade. It's a great tutorial, you should definitely check it out! I've never tried QAYG and was able to make this slab without any problems. Then, much to my delight, Svetlana also posted a tutorial on how to turn that slab into a pouch. If you've seen her pouches, you can understand my excitement! They are gorgeous and, no matter how many you look at, when you see one of hers, you know it's hers. It has a sort of...distinction?

My favorite part of the slab is this wee fox! :)

I couldn't resist sliding a little shark in too! He's from a quilt I made my cousin for Christmas. :)


Anywho, back to my slab! I've got it made, but I didn't have a zipper to start making a pouch. :P Thankfully, I'm having a shopping trip, armed with Jo Ann's coupons, so I should be coming home filled to the brim with crafty goodies. Yay!! See you back here Friday with a finished pouch (hopefully!)!



Linking up with Freshly Pieced!

4 comments:

  1. This is looking great! I want to play with this technique soon. I have an overflowing basket of scraps. Love how you inserted the animals.... very cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks carol fun! This is such a fun way to raid the scrap baskets. And I'm a sucker for novelty/kids prints, so I couldn't resist squeezing a few in there! :)

      Delete
  2. cute! your bag will bill be so fun :-) I need to buy more novelty prints! Svetlana does do a fabulous job mixing fabrics, doesn't she?! (I just finished sewing up another one of her pouches a few minutes ago!)

    Happy sewing ~ Tracy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Svetlana is absolutely fabulous, I love her quilts and bags. :) I was so pumped to see her post a tutorial on how to make some pouches like hers. Hope to see your pouch on your blog soon!!

      Delete