Pages

Thursday, May 7, 2015

Finish It Up Friday: Follow Your Arrow Wherever It Points

Happy Friday y'all! Hope your week has gone well, mine hasn't been too shabby. I got to work a little bit on that lonely arrow block on Wednesday and Thursday night. I'm sad I didn't get better pictures, but by the time I was finished, daylight was long gone. This pillow is inspired by a song by Kacey Musgraves called Follow Your Arrow. The video and song are kind of silly, but I love the line I quilted onto the pillow.

This started out as a gift from my Mom. I use the word gift loosely because she was actually going to toss out this old throw pillow from her and Dad's bedroom. It got a mysterious, ugly orange stain on it and wasn't useful to her anymore. She knows I like refashioning and reusing stuff when I can, so she offered it to me before throwing it away. I gladly accepted and it sat in the closet forever until the lonely arrow block was made. I feel like the size and shape of the pillow fit the block perfectly!

I wanted to try some new quilting on this, but wasn't sure what. I looked online and found a darling little bird that I decided to try. I had to pick out the little head once because it was lopsided, but after fixing it, I think he turned out pretty well. :)

As you can see, I'm about a 1/4 inch too small on the back. :( It doesn't bother me enough to rip everything out and fix it since it is just going to be sitting on my couch with me and Little Black Cat. I'm just learning my lesson for next time so I can improve!

Linking up with Needle and Thread Thursday and Finish It Up Friday!


8 comments:

  1. I love the Arrow pillows! hmmm, I may have to copy it, I mean, get inspired from it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dominique! Feel free to 'be inspired' as much as you like! Hahahaha

      Delete
  2. What a perfect pillow for that design, it looks great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I had never been one to make pillows, but after seeing so many on different blogs (including yours!), I have to say I might start making more. :)

      Delete