Pages

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

WIP Wednesday: Supernova Progress!


 Hump Day once again, y'all! I'm so happy to announce that all the Supernova blocks have been pieced! I don't know how it happened, but I was finding little snippets everyday where I could sneak off to my sewing space for a while and piece...and piece...and piece some more! By the time this gets posted, the top should already be partially done and will hopefully be finished by the end of the week.*ETA: I actually got a few columns sewn together before I took progress pictures, so you get a teeny-tiny sneak peek if you can overlook my filthy floor. :P

I had all the squares stacked up so nice and pretty, everything organized just right...then I started piecing the top and it looks like a hurricane blew through and knocked them everywhere! I barely tidied them up before snapping this picture, but I wish I had vacuumed all those stray threads and scraps out of the floor! Lol.Even my seat cushion ended up in the floor, though I'm not entirely sure how...

Thanks for stopping by y'all, have a great week! Linking up with WIP Wednesday.

19 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It really has been enjoyable and stress-relieving! I only had to seam rip one block, that has to be a record! Lol.

      Delete
  2. Looking good. Can't wait to see it when you have it all together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to see it all together either, it's been so fun watching it grow since I started. :)

      Delete
  3. This is exactly what happens to me! I get very envious of other people's beautiful sewing rooms, especially if they have an amazing design board up on their wall so quilt pieces don't have to be laid out on tables or floors! I'm loving the blues and yellows, that's a colour combination that's really calling to me at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean! It's so easy to envy the beautiful sewing studios that I see on other blogs. I do have a design wall (I tacked some flannel on the wall space behind the door), but it's a bit small for anything more than showing off my slowly growing collection of orange peel blocks. I have a fold out table and enough floor space for a ironing board, so I have to be thankful I have the necessities at least. :) I've always loved a jewel toned blue, but after pairing it with bright yellow at my wedding, I can't get enough of the combo!

      Delete
  4. Wow, already looks great! I love the colours you've chosen. Look forward to seeing the finished top! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stacey! These particular colors will always have a soft spot for me, they were the colors I used at my wedding. :) Fingers crossed we'll see a finished top by Friday!

      Delete
  5. Really lovely! I like those colors together and it looks like you've made a lot of progress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm normally a bit of a snail when it comes to sewing, but I've somehow kept a good pace this time around! Lol. Thanks!

      Delete
  6. I've wanted to make a supernova quilt for a while. Yours is looking great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had never seen one, but fell in love with it while flipping through Quilting Modern. :) Thank you!!

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking good, thread strewn floor and all. Isn't it fun to make progress?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne! Even when the couch is calling my name, it is pretty darn fun to see all the progress!

      Delete
  9. Isn't it amazing what you can do with just a few minutes? I took the 30X30 challenge in February and was amazed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is amazing how multiple small sessions of sewing can add up!! I remember hearing about the 30x30 challenge, it's such a cool concept, I'll have to try it if it comes around again.

      Delete
  10. I try really hard to make it to the sewing room at least 15 minutes a day. It's amazing how much you can get done if you are consistent in doing a little each day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to try to get some sewing done everyday, even if it's just a little bit of hand sewing on the couch. If the hubs is in front of the Xbox, I can usually spare a bit more than 15 minutes to hide with my sewing machine. ;)

      Delete