Pages

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

WIP Wednesday: Not A Lot of Work...Not A Lot of Progress

Happy Hump Day y'all, hope your week is as nice as you are pretty! So on Friday, I was so stoked to have time off to be able to sew and do what I want over the weekend...guess how that turned out? Life got in the way, of course, and suddenly everybody needed me to go here or there, run errands, and do everything besides what I had planned. So is life, right? I did manage to cut ten billion (okay, not really but it felt like that many) squares for my newest quilt.

I saw the Supernova quilt in the book, Quilting Modern. The book has some awesome techniques in it and some really cool quilt designs. I've actually rented this book 3 times from the library in anticipation of getting to start this quilt!


I'm still not 100% sold on my fabric choices if I'm honest. Some people can pick fabric out almost effortlessly and have great taste. I am NOT one of those people. I struggle with fabric matching and coordinating like no other. My pictures aren't showing the true colors (the lightest yellow really washed out and some of the blues are showing up super dark), but I wish Jo Ann's had a wider selection of blue fabrics. On the plus side, I finally purchased some Kona solids! :) I can't remember what the gray background is, but the blue is Riviera I believe, and the yellow is Corn. Thank goodness for sales and coupons!

So here's to hoping I actually get some sewing done now! Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!

Linking up with Work In Progress Wednesday

10 comments:

  1. Isn't it funny how an entire week-end can get eaten up by commitments? Ugh. Quilting Modern is a great resource... I'm pretty sure I had it out from the library a bunch of times before actually buying it. It's a smart way to audition books... otherwise your quilt library (and your credit card statement) can get a little out of control. Kudos to you for buying some Konas! Carefully, it's a slippery slope. 3 down, 300 to go. The grey looks like it might be Silver or Shadow... but it's hard to tell from your pics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I figured you would know the Kona color Jenn! Lol. I found my receipt and it is silver. *All hail the Kona Queen!* I can see why most people like them so much! I was petting them in the store as I was comparing them, they're so soft and the colors are amazeballs. :)

      Delete
  2. A start is a start! I like the blue and yellow squares - and I really like this pattern. Now I'm going to have to locate a copy too! Good luck on the assembly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Denise! I couldn't pass up this pattern, it was just too fun!

      Delete
  3. I like your fabric pull. It looks like it will have a lot of pop. That is one of the few quilting books I have purchased and I love looking at it but I have yet to tackle one of the projects. I love the look of improv but am still quite intimidated by the process. I have only tried it in small pieces. Thanks for the inspiration to step up my improv game!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I've only done a small amount of improv as well, so I figured it was time to jump in. :) Good luck with upping your improv game!

      Delete
  4. Oooh...nice! I have never looked at that book but that quilt sure looks fun!
    Yay Improv!! Yay Kona!! Two of my favourite things!
    The library you say.... somewhere around here I have a card. It's entirely possible that my hot little Visa melted it after my last olympic Kona shopping event. I may have to check this book out a little closer, lord knows I can't afford to buy it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahahahaha, I saw your post about the Memorial Sale, I can see why your visa might be a little toasty. I'll have to resist the sales if I can! I've resisted as long as I can, but Kona is becoming one of my favorites. :) And I definitely recommend this book, it's awesome! I'm hoping to buy it sometime in the future.

      Delete
  5. I love your fabric choices and the book looked interesting so I checked it out on Amazon and ordered the Kindle version. Living in a 5th wheel full-time doesn't lend itself to having lots of books. :-) Can't wait to see your quilt when you finish it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooohh, a 5th wheel! I've done a fair amount of camping in one of those, my parents have one. And what a great idea! You can have so many book in such a small space that way!

      Delete