Pages

Saturday, July 23, 2016

Half Empty or Half Full: A Mid Year Review

Howdy y'all! Hope your weekend is kicking off to a good start! Over the past week, I've been spotting Mid-Year Reviews pop up on my blogger feed, so I decided to join in the fun. I was hesitant at first because I feel like I haven't done much in terms of quilty endeavors. Things have been a bit rough for the first half of the year, but I'm still hopeful for the last half! So let's see how I'm measuring up to those goals from the end of December! 

  • Make a quilt to give away. I actually did this! I have one baby quilt ready to be donated and one quilt top in line. I'm really glad I've jumped on this one! It's been so nice to work within my stash and make something for somebody else.
Charity Quilt #1!
Quilt top #2, waiting to be finished up!
  • Try new things, with the main one being CURVES. I haven't done this one yet. I've bought a pattern to try out curves and paper piecing, it's just waiting on supplies. 
  • I've had a pixel quilt on my mind for as nearly as long as I've had this blog. I did all the planning, all the math, all the quilty crap. And then I did the price math...and now it's an idea sitting in my quilting notebook. Maybe someday, but this one is definitely on hold. However!! I have been making some smaller pixel quilts and feel like I'm continuing to get better matching seams! :)
    The 3rd Youtube themed mini I made - if you follow me on Twitter, you've seen this one!
    The first Youtube themed mini I made!

  • A quilt for Mr. LBC. Bad wife is bad. Lol. I haven't given much thought to a quilt for Mr. LBC. Nothing is really inspiring me for him, so this one is on the back burner.
  • Label, label, label! I've been on the ball with this one! Everything that has left the studio (with the exception of a few mini's on my wall) has had a label!


  • More consistency with blogging. I had hoped to keep up posting once or twice per week, but that hasn't happened much. I did good for a while, but life has a way of stalling progress. I'm still posting, but it's closer to once every 10 or so days. 
  • I'd like to clean up and update my blog a little bit. Haven't done anything with this one yet, though I do plan to before the end of the year.
Overall, I felt like I hadn't done much this year...but then I got looking! And I've actually been fairly productive. I'm not going to post links of everything (and I'm too tired to wrangle a mosaic together, sorry.) but scrolling back through my posts, I've been a sewing machine! (PUN TOTALLY INTENDED!) It actually brightened my day to see the finishes, the WIPS, and all the fun I've been having in this space. So a huge thanks to Quilting Jetgirl for hosting this Mid Year Review link up

16 comments:

  1. I am so glad that you were able to look back and see how much you have been able to accomplish so far this year; that's great! And I really should be better about labeling quilts myself, what a great reminder. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Yvonne! Labeling always feels like a chore when a finish is so close, but I'm always glad I do it. I'd love to get some labels printed to make things more 'professional' looking, but that's been on the list for a while. Lol

      Delete
  2. Wow Jennifer you have accomplished a lot so far this year. I love seeing all the accomplishments and remembering the posts telling the stories behind them. I'd like to email you a little something if you are up to passing on an email address. Mine is jennyfur48 (at) yahoo (dot) com.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer! It was fun to go back and look at everything. :) It lifted my spirits to take a stroll down memory lane. Lol. I emailed you my email address!

      Delete
  3. Isn't it interesting how when we write down how we have done with our goals we discover that we have accomplished so much more than we realized we had. You've done quite a bit of good work here and I hope you giving yourself a pat on the back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa! It is crazy how much slips the mind. I'm glad I have this blog to remember it all for me! :)

      Delete
  4. It looks like you have been very busy. Pretty quilts. Labels, yes, they are so important and nice. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Danice! Sometimes I feel so busy and productive, then other times it feels like I run around in circles. Lol. I never regret putting a label on once it is on, but I always groan when I'm so close to the finish and have to mess with a label.

      Delete
  5. Seems that your half year was a full one! Congratulations for all this work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Quilty! I didn't think it was very full, but scrolling back through the archives reminded me I wasn't as lazy as I thought I was. Lol.

      Delete
  6. Congrats! I haven't done a review yet...but I think it's a great idea to see where we are in a goals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anja! I wasn't going to do one, but I'm glad I did. It was a nice stroll down memory lane to read through my excitement in the past. :)

      Delete
  7. Sounds like a productful first half to me - lots of finishes! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ruth! Reading back through things, I was more productive than I thought! Here's to a productive last half of the year! :)

      Delete
  8. It is amazing when you look back isn't it? I need to do a Mid Year Review too, just resent the time that will take away from my machine and a couple deadlines looming, like tomorrow! Love your City Blocks!! Yay for labels (I'm a label freak, always have been).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandra! It is a pain taking time away from the machine, especially when things need done. But it did my heart good, so the tradeoff was worth it (this time!). City Blocks has grown on me so much since I made it, I'm so proud of the quilting. :)

      Delete