Pages

Friday, January 22, 2016

Snow Covered City Blocks: A Finish


Happy Friday, y'all! It's been a while, but I actually have a finish to share on a Friday! Like most of the east coast, I've been getting pulverized with snow today.
The view from my living room window earlier in the day. I wish I had stuck a ruler in the snow!

I've shoveled the patio and walk 3 or 4 times already today and it's still coming down out there. Thankfully, I didn't have to go into work today so I had time to put the finishing touches on City Blocks!

I even managed to hop outside and get a few pictures outside before it got dark! I didn't have much room to work (I shoveled and got the quilt outside, only to find that it was nearly covered again!) I tried to hang City Blocks on the fence, but ended up just putting it on the massive pile of snow I made. Elvis enjoyed running through it a little before I took these pictures. :)
 Dat quilting though! I wish I had a way to photograph it better, but this is as good as I could do!

And of course, I had to add a label! I thought about making something special, but in the end, I decided to just go simple.

So glad to have this one finished! This one is surprisingly liked around the house; it's already been cuddled with! Linking up with Finish It Up Friday over at Crazy Mom Quilts!
This is one of my goals for the 2016 Finish Along - First Quarter!

12 comments:

  1. It looks amazing. You did a great job. Sorry to hear about the snow. We just heard today that the storm is going to pass by us...thank goodness....because it was going to be a wicked storm. Can't wait for spring!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anja! It seems to have finally stopped, thank goodness! It was supposed to snow all night and all day today, so we got off easy compared to what it should have been.

      Delete
  2. I knew you could do, I did, I did and it looks fantastic. Elvis certainly loves it. I love the pictures of it in the snow with the contrast. I have always thought of doing pebbles, but after your experience I'm having second thoughts of even thinking about it. :) What's up next?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer! I like the end result, but the process is long and a test of patience. Everybody should do it at least once. :) I think my Orange Peels will be next up, not looking forward to rolling around in the floor while I baste it! Hahaha

      Delete
  3. Squeeee! It's awesome?..love the super fun improv, love all the pebbles, love the binding with the bit of red, love that doggie all curled up kn tge new quilt, love the pretty white snow....oh, wait. What the heck am I saying? Forget that last one!
    Great job! Will there be more improv in your future?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Val! The more I look at the finished product, the more I like it. :) There will definitely be more improv in my future! I absolutely love it!

      Delete
  4. How wonderful! You are all finished and it is amazing! I know what a time you had with it because I have done a ton of pebbling too. It is very time consuming but the pay off is so worth it. Your quilt is just fabulous. Love the improv so much. The snow photos are great. So glad we dodged this storm. It was a doozy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda! You're so talented with FMQ, it's so flattering to have you compliment my quilt. :) The investment is huge with pebbling, but you're so right: the pay off is awesome! That storm really was a doozy. Thankfully I've got a Dad with a big diesel truck to help me get out until my poor little car could get dug out! Lol.

      Delete
  5. That is one beautiful quilt...and I can just see the quilting . It's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa J.! I have to come up with a better way to photograph quilting, I never realized how challenging it can be!

      Delete
  6. This is really lovely! Photographing quilting is super tricky - I tend to photograph my quilting in bright light coming from the side (rather than directly above - ie beside a window with light streaming through), with the shadow side toward me. It picks up texture really well.
    Thank you for participating in the 2016 FAL, on behalf of the global 2016 FAL leaders :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jess! Photographing quilts is one of the most challenging parts of blogging for me. I'll have to remember this side-light trick to catch the quilting better! :)

      Delete