Pages

Sunday, June 28, 2015

Sunday Stash: Retail Therapy


Happy Sunday y'all! Last weekend when I was feeling sick, I happened to stumble upon an ad on Facebook. It was advertising a big sale on Craftsy. I've never bought anything on Craftsy before this, mainly due to budget. But this sale was phenomenal! It took some narrowing down, but I finally decided on a quilt kit: Miss Kate's Turnover. This kit originally sold for $125 (!!!), but I snagged it for $46-ish dollars AFTER taxes and shipping. I couldn't believe it!


I've never bought a quilt kit before, so for some silly reason, I was really excited! When it came in the mail (as a side note, Craftsy has the most colorful, fun shipping envelopes ever. Lol), I was thrilled with all of the pretty fabrics. My pictures are a bit less vibrant than the actual fabric, but let me tell you, they're scrumptious. It actually took me a few days to take off the Moda ribbon, it was just too darn pretty to mess up! Hahaha


I'm not usually big on floral fabrics, especially big, obvious florals. But I love every single fabric in this kit. I can't wait to get started on this quilt and work with such awesome fabrics! And I like that this pattern looks like it has curves, but a closer look reveals that there aren't any. I do want to work on curves eventually, but it is sort of a relief that this won't be the quilt I do them on.
LBC sees the camera and can't help but get in a shot or two. ;)
What about you guys? Any fun fabric finds this week? I'd love to see/hear about them, enjoy the rest of your weekend!

8 comments:

  1. My aunt bought that same kit and I made a Charm Pack Cherry out of the same stuff. I too don't normally go for florals but there are a lot of good ones in there. Congrats on your smart shopping.. I hope it made you get well sooner!

    P.S. A little tip for your photos to keep colours true, try to photograph things using natural light preferably with a northern exposure. Sometimes that isn't possible for me, so I have an Ott Lite on my sewing table that I use as a stand in for natural light in a pinch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was nice having something to look forward to, so I think it helped! ;) And I try to use natural light as often as I can, but I had never heard about northern exposure being preferable. My sewing space has a south-facing window, I'll have to remember that. And I may need to invest in an Ott Lite, it seems like I'm always sewing and finishing things when it's dark! Lol.

      Delete
  2. Your new material is beautiful. Moda fabrics are one of my favorites. I know you'll enjoy making this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This will actually be my first time sewing with Moda fabrics when I start this, so I'm excited to see how it goes! :)

      Delete
  3. Beautiful fabric, and I'm very intrigued with the quilt now, they certainly look like curves!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love the optical illusion and was surprised myself when I saw the pattern! :)

      Delete
  4. I bought the same kit during the same sale! I just started cutting this and I hope it is not too advanced for me ( I am a newbie) So far so good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have it in the 'on-deck' pile, waiting for me to finish with my current quilt. I was a bit worried about it being too advanced, but the lack of curves made me a bit more sure of myself. I'm sure it will be a challenge for me, but nothing some patience and a seam ripper can't handle! Hahaha!

      Delete