Pages

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

WIP Wednesday: Progress, Progress, Progress!

Happy Hump Day y'all, hope your day is going well! Today is the first day in forever that it hasn't rained (yet!), so I'm loving this sunshine even if I'm stuck inside at work all day. I've made some serious progress over the last week that I'm so excited to share!

First up is my newest quilt start. I've been toying with a name, which is always the hardest part for me to decide. I think these blocks look like a street map of a downtown area, so I was toying with something like 'City Blocks'. Any suggestions for names are welcome, leave them in the comments below! :)

Also, I managed to save the embarrassing block that was my first attempt at this new technique. It's far from perfect, like all the others, but I think it looks so much better than what it was. I'm so glad all the effort wasn't wasted!

There are four smaller blocks to each bigger block and I have two bigger blocks done so far. Just chuggin' along... :)


Next up is scrap vortex blocks! I worked on these a couple days this week and manage to get some bigger slabs put together! I've said it before, but these are such a blast to work on, I love it. I dug even further into my fabric and came up with some more cute novelty prints (that octopus had to be included at least once!).



Overall, I've had a blast sewing this week. I've barely used my seam ripper and I've been getting off work early enough to actually get settled in and sew before it's time to head to bed. Hopefully the rest of the week keeps playing the same tune!

Linking up with NTT after I get off work this evening!

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your new quilt, and yes it reminds me of a map too, I think it's going to look even more impressive on a larger scale as well. And your scrap blocks are brilliant! I really like how you're using the novelty prints, it's slightly 'I spy' like!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm a sucker for novelty prints, I just can't help it! I have a feeling this will be a quilt that I just look at and explore all the little bits of fabric while I'm using it. If any kiddos come over, I'll have to turn it into a game of I spy! :)

      Delete
  3. Yep, City Blocks is a perfect name for your latest adventure. Glad you are getting some sunshine. That is all we have here and it is up into the high 90s everyday and not normally this hot. I agree with Wonky on your scrappy vortex looking a little "I Spy"ish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer! I absolutely LOVE warm weather! I would rather sweat than be cold any day. I was like that some when I was younger, but after walking through rain and snow at college, that firmed that mindset pretty quick! Lol.

      Delete
  4. Imperfection is the name of the game when it comes to improv. Things are coming along beautifully with both your projects!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenn! I think the imperfection is why I like improv so much! It's so forgiving for a newbie like me! :)

      Delete