Pages

Thursday, June 11, 2015

Finish It Up Friday: FINALLY!

OMG MOM, A NEW QUILT JUST FOR ME!?
Howdy y'all! As you can see, LBC is super excited for this one! ;) I was off on Thursday and, by some twist of fate, I essentially had a stay-cation at home. I stayed in my pajamas all day and sewed, taking breaks every once and a while to eat, stretch, and peruse the internet. It was amazing, but my back did not enjoy sitting in the sewing chair for so long!

I am really happy with my Supernova quilt. I feel like I could have done more with that outer ring of quilting, but overall I feel like it's a winner. :) That binding gave me fits like something awful, at one point I was growling at it and having what felt like a wrestling match (I work with animals all day long, growling should be expected I feel like. Lol). At the end of the day though, I love me a scrappy binding!

I ended up going with a simple backing, no piecing this time. I found a cute white on gray polka dot print and bought enough so that I just had to sew together two pieces, which was helpful. It's pretty forgiving of mistakes, which are abundant with this bit of loveliness. ;)

I was hoping to have a prettier photo shoot for this quilt, but after the binding was sewn on, the sun was long gone. So a quick photo shoot in the kitchen has to suffice for now! Hopefully I'll be able head out somewhere pretty and get a few more pics to share later!

As you can see, this quilt has already been LBC approved! In fact, he already claimed the Supernova as his nap and bath quilt long before it was done! I've lint rolled so much hair off of it; I could have made batting out of all the hair I feel like! Lol.

Linking up with Needle and Thread Thursday and Finish It Up Friday! Thanks for stopping by, have a good one y'all! :D

14 comments:

  1. Yay!! It's finished AND it's awesome! No wlnder LBC claimed it.
    I wonder if there is actually a way to have batting made out of pet hair? I know that there's a lady here in Nova Scotia who spins wool from her dogs hair.... and a local sheep farm who cards wool for quilt batting. Hmmm.... given that I could sweep up a springy thing daily it could be possible to have a queen size batt in about 3 months....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I could make batting out of pet hair, I could quit my day job and become a millionaire, I swear. And I would have all the batting I ever needed! *runs off to draw up business plans*

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous quilt and the quilting is lovely. Your color combinations are great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great and I'm glad kitty likes it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alison! He seems to claim every quilt at one stage or another, though he definitely likes them best when they're on the sewing table being quilted. Lol. :)

      Delete
  4. Your Supernova looks fantastic as does your quilting. GREAT job!!! LBC is so cute. I sure do miss having a kitty. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer! He is a cutie, I can't help but like the little booger. :) You have a wonderful weekend too, I kicked mine off by working and volunteering at a rabies clinic. Tomorrow should be a bit more relaxing though. Lol.

      Delete
  5. Congratulations on your finish! Your quilting is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pam! The more I look at it, the more I like it. :)

      Delete
  6. Congratulations, I bet finishing feels really good! And it looks gorgeous, the blue and yellow are so great together an I always love a scrappy binding too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Finishing always feels thrilling and the first cuddle under it is especially sweet. :) I'm sure I'll be using this color combo again, I love it! And scrappy bindings are the best bindings! :)

      Delete
  7. Looks great in your coolours. Always a nice feeling to have a finished quilt - congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ruth!! Nothing beats the feeling of a finished quilt...except maybe starting a new one? ;)

      Delete