Pages

Friday, June 19, 2015

Driving the Struggle Bus This Week

Hey y'all. As dramatic as it sounds, I'm surprised I made it to Friday. Work has been absolute madness with being understaffed and completely booked up and life in general has been crazy. But enough about life, let's talk about quilting. On Thursday, I was able to run to Jo Ann's and get fabric for my next project, which meant I had to actually decide what I was making. I really liked the Snowball quilt that I showed in my last post, but I had to be realistic; I needed more time and more money to be able to gather all the fabrics it called for. Maybe in the future I'll get to do it, but not this time. My second favorite was the Fresh Cut quilt, the last in my post that didn't make it into Quilting Modern.
Check out Sew Katie Did for a look at all her awesome quilts!

Rather than go with the original colors, I swapped out for a more vibrant blue (Kona turquoise, I think?) and a bold red (Kona, but I can't remember what sadly.) I stuck with Kona white for the neutral. My Jo Ann's is a little sparse with stocking Kona's, but I'm happy with the colors I got. I also snagged some red and blue thread for quilting, a first for me! Before now, I've always quilted in white or gray. It's time to branch out and try new things though.

I've already started cutting some, but progress will be slow for a day or so. I woke up sick this morning, so I'm wrapped up in the Supernova and praying for the ickies to get the heck out of my body. Speaking of slow progress, I got some more work done on my Scrap Vortex block. I put them up on my design wall in hopes that they would brighten things up (and my orange peels kept falling off, so I retired them to my fabric bookcase for now).

 So my only finish this week was deciding on my next project and buying supplies. Not much, but beggars can't be choosers, right? I hope everybody has a fun, healthy weekend, thanks for stoppin' by y'all.

Linking up with Crazy Mom Quilts.

6 comments:

  1. Love how your scrap vortex is coming along! It's going to be so amazing! Hope you are feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stacey! I'm pleased with it too, even if it is slow progress. :) Slow is better than none, right? Lol. I'm still not quite back to normal today, but I think I'm good enough to sew some more scraps together, so there should be more progress!

      Delete
  2. Pretty colors for your new quilt. Your scrap vortex is coming right along. I actually got mine started last night. Better late than never. Get well quick. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer! And awesome, way to jump right in! I'd love to see a picture of it if you decide to share! :) I'm not quite back to normal, but I am better than yesterday, so that's a plus.

      Delete
  3. Your scrap vortex blocks are coming out great, love those cute foxes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Judy! I'm quite fond of the little fox, I might have to squeeze a few more in there before I'm done! :)

      Delete