Pages

Tuesday, June 9, 2015

WIP Wednesday: The Home Stretch

Hump Day once again, y'all! I'm sure you guys are tired of seeing/reading about my Supernova quilt. That's one of the curses of working on the same quilt until it's done before starting a new one. :P I'm loving working on it though! I've had a blast every step of the way (except basting, of course. YUCK!). I really like improv piecing and I'm looking forward to a lot more of it in my quilting future. So quilting this beast has actually been fun! I was worried about wrestling it all over the place and what not, but it has been surprisingly cooperative (knock on wood, I'm still not done! Lol).

So here's a sneak peek of a little bit of the FMQ I've done. I've never done swirl-thingy-majigs, but after a quick Pinterest search, I was zooming through them! You can tell when my hands got shaky, especially on the blue parts, but overall, I'm happy with the results. :)


I did sort of start a new quilt this week though! I've jumped on the bandwagon for the Scrap Vortex along over at Crazy Mom Quilts. I wasn't feeling the best the other day, but I reallllllllly wanted to sew some. I didn't feel like I had the energy or the focus to quilt on the Supernova, so I just started grabbing scraps out of my bins and sewing them together. I made a nice little pile in no time at all! I don't have enough scraps to make a whole quilt (at least I don't think I do), but I can make it a work in progress and keep adding as I make more scraps. :)

Linking up with WIP Wednesday!

8 comments:

  1. Squeee! Swirling is so much fun! Talk all you like about your fabulous Super Nova...it's all good! Love hearing about the journey from beginning to end. That scrap vortex looks like a superb scrap buster!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like swirly quilting, I'll definitely be using it in the future. :) And the scrap vortex is great for busting the scrap piles! And it's fun seeing fabric from past projects, like a little stroll down memory lane while I sew. Lol.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. That was from one of the first things I sewed with my machine, I was so excited to be able to fussy cut that little guy out!

      Delete
  3. I love your swirly quilting.... you did great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lorinda! I'll definitely be using swirls in my quilting future! :)

      Delete
  4. Your free-motion quilting is lovely. Something beautiful is going to come out of those scraps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks annieb! I'm excited to see how all those scraps come together! :)

      Delete