Pages

Sunday, February 7, 2016

OMG February: Orange You Glad I'm Finishing?


 I was so proud of my two blog posts this week that I nearly forgot about the One Monthly Goal linkup over at Red Letter Quilts! If you're like me and are a little late to the party, there's still time (I believe the linky closes on Sunday).

Dear ol' Orange Peels. :)
I batted a couple of ideas around, but finally settled on one that I've wanted to finish for a long time: My Orange Peels. I got the backing back in January after winning the Throwback Thursday giveaway. Once again, I managed to botch color matching over the internet, but I still love the print and, as I told myself, it's just a quilt back. I can hear some of you banging out harsh rebuttals to that statement, but that's what I tell myself sometimes after killing myself to make the top.

I swear it wasn't that brown when I ordered it! Lol.
I just finished basting this one tonight (my back is aching but my heart is happy, so it balances out, right?), so my goal for February is to quilt, bind, and label it! These blocks were the first WIP Wednesday I ever posted on my blog (and it looks like I started them last January, so this has been a year in the making!). Here's to a finish! 

10 comments:

  1. Love your colors and the Orange peel design. This beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Helen! This color scheme just sort of happened as I pulled different things from my stash, but I'm so glad it did! :)

      Delete
  2. This is a great goal. I can't wait to see it finished. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anja, I'm so excited to see this one finally coming together! :)

      Delete
  3. Your backing will be just perfect for your Orange Peels quilt. Can't wait to see the finish. I was too late for the OMG again. What is wrong with me???? Maybe next month. I'm putting it on my calendar right now. Happy quilting and take care of your back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer! I nearly missed the link up myself but happened to see somebody else post about it. I'm terrible about remembering when link ups are. Where my schedule is a little lax lately, I've managed to remember at least this once! Lol. I've been babying my back and doing physical therapy like it's my job. I'm hoping to get back to work this week, though I don't think the doctor will lift all my restrictions. *sigh* Hopefully some more physical therapy will get me set to keeping this from happening again!

      Delete
  4. Oh I love those blue and orange orange peel blocks Jennifer! The backing will look like it is meant to be after you get it all quilted up. Good luck with meeting your goal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lara B! That fabric is lovely and soft, so I'm looking forward to having it as a backing, even if my color eye is skewed! Lol.

      Delete
  5. Beautiful! This looks like such a fun pattern to quilt, one of these days I would love to tackle an Orange Peel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heidi! Orange Peels really are a lot of fun and there are so many different ways to do them. I'm sure I'll have another one sometime in my future! :)

      Delete