Pages

Monday, February 8, 2016

4x7 Sewing Challenge - Week 1 Update!


It's hard to believe we are already 1 week into February! It has absolutely flown by! It's been a flurry of doctor's appointments, physical therapy, and birthday and Super Bowl parties for me, but I've managed to have selfish sewing time everyday this week and have kept up with the 4x7 Challenge hosted by Berry Barn Designs.

Every day except 1 day was spent playing with these hexies! I love how colorful they are in my little fox bucket. I've got an idea floating in my head for a quilt, though it's not your typical grandmother's garden or hexie quilt. I just don't think I have the patience for one of those yet! Lol. I also basted my Orange Peels one of those days, so it was a double dose of goodness. :)

The one day I didn't do any work with hexies, I tidied up my sewing space and stash, pulling out some fabrics I could use for hexies as well as some fabric for future projects. Getting it out into view will help me think of some design ideas I think! All in all, a good week of selfish sewing in my book!

10 comments:

  1. The hexies are great. Some day I want to venture into the world of hexies but speaking of patience, I'm definitely not there yet!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely started small with EPP (I made a little ball out of pentagons), but this was sort of an unexpected undertaking. I like having a goal to work on it a little each day to make it seem more manageable, but it does take some patience! :)

      Delete
  2. Congrats! Yeah for hexies. I didn't spend a lot of time sewing the first week, but hoping to make up for it this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anja! Hexies are pretty swell, I don't know what it is about them that I like so much, but they're just too darn fun. :) I haven't spent as much time this week sewing, but I've been doing a little everyday, so I can't complain.

      Delete
  3. Love seeing all your hexies as well as your cute little bucket. Hexies are so much fun as you can whip one out in no time. They can also bring back lots of memories if you are using left over fabric from other projects, kind of an I spy game to see if you can remember what was made with the fabric originally. Have lots of hexie fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer! It is fun to see little snippets of projects past! I've gotten quicker at basting them with this project. Practice doesn't make perfect but it certainly makes faster. :)

      Delete
  4. What fun little hexies! I love all of the different colors and prints together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cheryl! I wanted something scrappy and colorful, that combination is always such fun! :)

      Delete
  5. I'm intrigued... I'm partial to the really clean lines of the things that Nicole at Modern Handcraft makes, as opposed to something like Grandmother's Garden. I can't wait to see what you decide on for a hexie layout!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah! I've been bouncing around different ideas and can't quite put my finger on what I want to do. There's just too many possibilities!

      Delete