Pages

Monday, February 15, 2016

4x7 Challenge - Week 2 Check-In



Howdy y'all, another week has come and gone! Can you believe we are halfway through February? I've been sewing selfish every day this week for the 4x7 Challenge hosted by Berry Barn Designs, but I don't feel like I have much to report on. I've played with my hexies a little bit, but no progress worth photographing. Most of my selfish sewing time has been spent quilting my Orange Peels! I'm almost halfway done and loving it! :)
This quilt makes me so happy :)
Lots and LOTS of pivoting and wrestling with this one!
I also spent some time playing with my stash and making plans for future quilts. If only I could make all the quilts I want to! That seems to be every quilters lament, right? I've got fabric pulled and at the ready for two baby quilts and a pattern picked out for one of them. I've got lists for future quilts on what needs done, what needs bought, and the like. So much possibility on the horizon, I'll try to share some of those plans this week!
It's been too long since LBC had a photo op on here! Lol
What has been most fun about this week, however, was a trip to Jo Ann's with my Mom. She has decided to make a quilt. That's right! SHE WANTS TO MAKE A QUILT!! I can't contain my excitement! She had me help her pick out some supplies and has already let me know I'll be coming over to help her. :) She has two sewing machines at the house, so she said I could bring a project over and make it a sewing date! I can't wait!!

Here's to another week of selfish sewing guys, hopefully I'll have a finish to unveil soon!

17 comments:

  1. There's nothing better than a kitty in the sewing room. Oh wait, let me rephrase that. There's nothing better than a kitty who BEHAVES in the sewing room! My cats destroy the place and Daisy actually sits behind the machine and sticks her paws through as I'm sewing. My other cat used to curl up somewhere and just love to be there but these three lunatics just try to steal everything they can get their paws on. My seam ripper was missing for days. They find every ball of yarn I have and kick them all over the house so it looks like one of those alarm systems in a museum where the laser beams are all crossing and you have to try to climb over them. I suppose some day they will settle down, but for now, I have to keep them out or I can't focus!

    I love the quilting on that quilt. I don't know how you're wrestling it through your regular machine. I've discovered a wavy stitch that I really like on mine (it's on every quilt I've done in the past couple of years) but that's the only thing I will do because I just can't stand fighting with a big quilt to get it through! I really like the colors and the quilting looks very nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you JoAnna! My kitty is pretty well behaved in the sewing room, he just likes laying on all my projects. :) My dog, Elvis, however, likes to get into trouble. Lol. More than once I've caught him with his head stuck in my EPP bag trying to hijack my pin cushion! I like the company though, so unless I'm basting in the floor, I set them up a little camp. Lol.

      Delete
    2. Also, thanks for the compliment about my quilting! This quilt is pretty small, just a lap sized one. I couldn't imagine trying this kind of quilting on something really big!

      Delete
  2. Love the picture of your helper!!! I love the quilting you're doing it looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shauna! He likes to think he's helping by keeping my WIP's warm when they're on the sewing table or draped on the back of the chair! Lol.

      Delete
  3. Very nice work in progress and super cute kitty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cheryl! I'm hoping to shift from WIP to Finish this week! And I'm a bit biased, but I think he's a swell kitty too! Lol

      Delete
  4. Glad to see that you're making progress with your orange peels. I'd need every hour of every day to make all the projects I keep seeing that I want to make.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anja! It's so awesome to finally be coming to a close with this one. I love so much about it! :) And I agree, there simply isn't enough time to make all that we want to.

      Delete
  5. Kudos to you for managing to sew every day! Week 2 was a bust for me. And so what if there aren't a stack of finishes? You're hours closer to being done your Orange Peels. That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenn! It's been nice setting aside time to sew selfishly. This normally would have gotten put on the back burner because other projects for other people have come up. So glad I committed to some time for me sewing. :)

      Delete
  6. Your quilting is fantastic on your Orange Peels and LBC is so handsome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer! I love how soft this quilting is, it's heaven. :) And I may be biased, but I think LBC is a pretty handsome fella!

      Delete
  7. Yay! You created a quilting convert! And I love the progress on your orange peels so far - great colors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so, Sarah! I would finally have a sewing buddy if she caught the quilting bug! Thanks, I love these colors the more I look at them. :)

      Delete
  8. How exciting that your mom wants to quilt now. I love your orange peel quilt. The quilting is great and the orange peels are so colourful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa J., I'm hoping she gets bit by the quilting bug! I love these orange peels the more I look at them. This one is going to be a favorite, I'm sure. :)

      Delete