Pages

Saturday, April 2, 2016

OMG April: Charity Quilt




Howdy y'all! I can't believe we are already in April! As fast as time is flying by, that means another goal setting party over at Red Letter Quilts for One Monthly Goal. Honestly, I wasn't really sure what to pick this month. Most of my time lately has been dominated by quilt commissions, leaving less time for my typical sewing. And when I do have time for me-sewing, I'm usually scratching away in my little design notebook dreaming up projects that I don't have the supplies for. I can't decide if that's a good problem or not!

After a little brain storming, I think I found something that I have all the supplies for and I'm excited to get it finished this month! I started this charity quilt last month when I needed a breather and some mindless sewing. I've got part of the top pieced, so this month I want to finish piecing the top, get it quilted up and bound. Then the journey of finding it a home!

Happy stitching!

10 comments:

  1. What a great goal for April. The colors and layout are perfect. Know whomever receives it with lover it and the comfort it brings to them. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer! I love how bright and happy this quilt is, I hope it brightens up things for whoever receives it! :)

      Delete
  2. This is a great goal. It's a pretty little quilt and I will be interested in seeing how you quilt it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa! I've been tossing ideas around in my head, but I'm still not 100% sure how I'm going to do it. Hopefully the perfect idea will just hit me when the time is right! Lol.

      Delete
  3. Love the way you set those cute little hsts. It will be an awesome quilt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda! I flipped and twisted those little guys every which way before I fell for this design. I love all the varieties of designs you can make with a few little HST's! :)

      Delete
  4. I like the like of this. Mindless sewing is good from time to time. I now have a design book...just hoping for inspiration so I can actually put something in it LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anja! Sometimes mindless sewing is the best medicine. :) And my 'design' book is such a hodge podge of things. I've got quilty to-do lists for all my projects going on, blog ideas, a quilty bucket list, and sometimes I just doodle when I'm bored. :)

      Delete
  5. I'd love to buy this quilt something about it speaks to me, love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rebecca, I'm glad you like it! Unfortunately, it's not for sale. This little baby quilt will get donated somewhere when it's finished. Thanks for the interest though! :)

      Delete