Pages

Sunday, April 10, 2016

Finish-A-Long: Quarter 2 Goals!

Shew, the second quarter of the year has begun! Which means it is time to start brainstorming and goal setting for the next 3 months! My fabric buying skidded to an impromptu stop earlier last quarter, but I still have fabric from my stash to work with so I'm going to keep sewing as much as the stash will let me! :) So here's my list, y'all. I'm placing my 'have to finish this quarter' goals first and the further down the list a goal is, the less pressing it is for it to be completed.

1.) Commission Baby Quilt

(Sorry, no picture yet!)

After finishing the Isabella Quilt, my Mom either took a picture or took the actual quilt to work and showed it off to her friends before popping it in the mail. Suddenly, everybody wants LBCQ to make them something! This order is for a quilt like the Isabella quilt with a different color palette. My client picked out the fabrics and after cutting them and laying them out, I didn't have a good feeling about it. My Mom came over and looked and agreed: it just wasn't working. So the fabric was sent back to my client to let her see and have the final say. If she likes it, I'll press forward. If not, some things will be swapped out before progress is made.

2.) Baby Tag Toy
So soft and fuzzy!
This is actually for the same person that wants the quilt I believe. They saw a cute little tag toy on Etsy and asked if I could make something similar. "Sure" was barely out of my mouth before most of the supplies showed up at my doorstep. I'm actually really looking forward to making this one, I think drafting a little pattern and trying something new will be fun!

3.) Charity Baby Quilt
You've seen a few peeks of this one lately. The top is all done and I'm hoping to possibly get started on piecing the backing today!

4.) Scrap Vortex Quilt
These blocks just keep coming back all the time, time to get them finished up!
I started these scrap vortex blocks a while back, back when Crazy Mom Quilts did a Quilt Along last year! I knew I wasn't going to make a whole quilt of these blocks, but I have a plan for how I want to do these. I think the Kona Coal is really going to make those scrappy blocks pop!

5.) Hexie Quilt
It's hard to tell that this fabric is white on white, but I think those hexies will look great against it. :)
These hexies are the product of a hurt back in February. I may have to make quite a few more before I can fiddle with the design in my head, but I have all the supplies (background and plenty of scraps for hexies!) to make this top come into existence. :)


6.) Alison Glass

I just want to hug this fabric all the time. The rainbow goodness is just fantastic!
You may remember that I got a fat quarter bundle of Alison Glass fabric for Christmas from my parents and I was absolutely over the moon about it! It sits proudly on my fabric shelf just waiting to be turned into a beauty. I actually have two pattern ideas in mind (and may be able to squeeze both of them out of this bundle!) but I haven't been able to get the Essex Linen I want for the first pattern. I'm still deciding on a background fabric for the second pattern, but until those fabrics magically find their way to my sewing room, this goal is a long loooooong shot. 

7.) Notched Baby Quilt

Seriously, check out that Notched tutoiral, the block is awesome!
I was a lucky blogger last year. I think I won 3 or 4 giveaways in all! One win was this bundle of solids that you may remember from a huge free block blog hop last summer. I have planned to make Yvonne of Quilting Jetgirl's Notched Block using her free tutorial. I'm thinking I'll need more white fabric, but again, unless the fabric fairy pays me a visit, I may just get this one partially started.

Man, that seems like an overwhelming amount of goals, but I love having a game plan in place. And since there's no penalty for not meeting all the goals I set by the end of the quarter, there's no reason I can't shoot for the stars! :) I'm linking up with SloStudio for this quarter. Head on over and join the goal setting fun, there's plenty of chances to win some cool prizes and see some awesome projects! 

11 comments:

  1. Love your list. And that Alison Glass is beautiful! I'm still working on my Notched blocks. Where does the time go???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anja! I'm ashamed to say I had never heard of Alison Glass until I started following Kitty Wilkin's blog. Once I saw her sew with it, it was no turning back for me! Lol. C+S is still my all time fave, but man, Alison's fabrics make a rockin' rainbow! :) Time always seems to be the thing I need more of, there's never enough time to make all the projects I want to.

      Delete
  2. Looks like a lot of great projects!! I LOVE the Alison Glass fabric, I haven't gotten any of that line myself but I love the rainbow goodness too :) Can't wait to see what you make with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stacey! The Alison Glass fabric is like my baby right now. Sometimes I just pull it out and revel in the rainbow loveliness. I can't wait to be able to get sewing with it, it's just so gorgeous! :)

      Delete
  3. You have lots of fun projects listed. Your commission quilts are always gorgeous and I look forward to seeing the neXT one. My scrap vortex is still in my to-do pile. 😨

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer! It's funny, I had never really planned on doing many commissions (I was always worried about sewing being more a job than fun), but it is actually pretty fun! And it's always interesting to see what other people come up with and how different their ideas are from my own. Once it stops being fun, I'll likely ease off the commissions, but for now, it's helping pay the bills so I can't complain! :) And I'm excited to get the few scrap vortex blocks I've made off my shelf and into a quilt. My goal is to clean out the WIP's this year!

      Delete
  4. This is such a colourful array of projects, I look forward to seeing them come to completion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa! I love color and variety! Keeps me sane and keeps my quilting heart happy! :)

      Delete
  5. Great stuff! I totally agree about the Alison Glass fabric... some of my favorites! I just splurged and added a bundle of the newest sun prints line to my stash. I can't wait to use them. Working with her fabrics always makes me so happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah! I love the vibrant rainbow that comes with Alison Glass fabric, it's just scrumptious! :)

      Delete
  6. Good luck with your projects and thank you for participating in the FAL, on behalf of the 2016 global FAL hosts!

    ReplyDelete