Pages

Sunday, March 6, 2016

OMG March!


Howdy y'all, back again! I'm skating in just under the wire to link up with the One Monthly Goal party over at Red Letter Quilts! I have a million things I should be linking up (commissioned baby quilt, two other quilts with supplies waiting, a cover for Mr. LBC's bible...), but instead, I want something small and new and, let's be honest, for me.

I was perusing the craft section in my library when a group of embroidery books caught my eye. Part of my New Year's goals was to learn new things. I've always thought about trying embroidery but never took the plunge. This month, I'm going to do it! I love the precious little kitty in the chair, it reminds me of our Little Black Cat and how he always takes whatever chair I need! Lol. So for this month, my goal is to start learning embroidery and get this little kitty from the book onto fabric!

Linking up with Red Letter Quilts, there's still one more day if you haven't yet! Thanks for reading y'all!

8 comments:

  1. I took on some embroidery last year and really enjoyed it. Good for you for exploring a new skill!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenn! What I've done so far has been really fun! Definitely a good option for on the go work when I have to sit in a waiting room. :)

      Delete
  2. The cat in the chair is very cute. Good luck with your goal. Look forward to seeing your finish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anja! I've had fun making it so far, it's so much easier to learn than I thought! For some reason, I was afraid it would be horribly complicated! I'm definitely glad I'm learning it, it'll be a good skill to have, I'm sure. :)

      Delete
  3. This is a great goal because you get to learn something new. Have fun with the embroiderie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa! I do love getting to learn new things! I'm having so much fun with it so far. I love that it can be as simple or as complicated as you want to make it (I'm definitely a simpleton for now! LOL).

      Delete
  4. This is a cute project and looks like it will be fun. Enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer! I'm enjoying it, it's been a great introduction to embroidery! :)

      Delete