Pages

Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Hello, My Name Is...

Oh, hello there!
Happy Hump day, y'all! No WIP to share today, just a little finish! I've got a bigger finish up my sleeve, but I'm saving it for Friday, so be sure to stop back in to see it. Anywho, this little bit is a name tag for a friend. He's the relief vet at the clinic I work at and, unlike previous relief vets, he really kicked it off with our staff. He's called us a sassy bunch since day 1; his favorite nickname for the extra sassy girls is - you guessed it - Sassholes! So, of course, as his birthday rolled around this week, I had to make him a Sasshole name tag!
Stay sassy, my friends. :)
I got to use a new embroidery stitch for this one! Satin stitch (the blue area around 'Hello') proved to be pretty easy and I like how bold it is. A great compliment to my back stitch. I'm on my way to being an embroidery dictionary, one stitch at a time! Lol.

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Val! It was a hit at the clinic and he wore it for the last half of the day! Lol.

      Delete
  2. This is hilarious. Good job on your embroidery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa! I'm loving embroidery, I'm sure there will be plenty more of it on here in the future! :)

      Delete
  3. Awesome nametag! You're going to be a pro with embroidery soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anja! I'm loving learning it, it's so fun and quick! I'm perusing one of my library books to see what I can try out next. :)

      Delete
  4. This is so funny. Hope it went over as expected. Your embroidery looks great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer! It went over great, everybody loved it! He's been wearing it on his doctor smock since he got it! Lol.

      Delete
  5. Your embroidery skills are coming along beautifully! It gets me thinking that I might need to get out the embroidery gear again. And I might have to steal this one... sasshole... it's a good one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenn! You should get back into it, it's loads of fun (as you know!). And sasshole has become a very present word in my vocabulary. Lol. The crazier work gets, the more sasshole-y we get! Hahaha

      Delete