Pages

Tuesday, January 26, 2016

WIP Wednesday: Life Throws a Curveball

Short and sweet today, ya'll. I had planned on having my Orange Peels basted and quilting started, but the universe had other plans. Remember that twinge in my back I mentioned last week? Well, that grew into ripping-my-face-off-I-think-I'm-dying pain by yesterday (I'm wearing my drama queen dunce cap after re-reading that line). I went into work, my boss took one look at me and handed me a worker's comp paper. Thing is, no doctors around here will see you until you've gone to the emergency room. I hate going to the emergency room for things that I don't consider emergencies, but I suffered through a day of work before heading to the ER. Long story short, they said it's only a strained back. I'm supposed to follow up with my doctor soon, especially if things worsen. I've had 2 of the worsening symptoms today, but I'm trying to stay optimistic that things are just getting a little worse before they get better.


So as you can imagine, crawling in the floor for basting isn't happening right now. Instead, I grabbed my bag (which I just filled with my favorite fabrics out of the stash and EPP supplies a couple of days ago) and did some EPP while I took Mr. LBC to the doctor (it's a neverending cycle, I swear.) I've made about half a jar of hexies and despite the pain, they make me smile. If these hands couldn't stay busy, I'm not sure what I'd do for sanity right now!

Have a happy week y'all, hoping yours is going better than mine!

Linking up with WIP Wednesday

10 comments:

  1. Oh no! That's not a happy-making situation at all! Hurt backs are so painful....and frustrating. Head says yes, body says no-frickin-way! Ouch.
    Rest. Try to be gentle with yourself and let it heaL up.... ice it often, drink lots of water, anti inflammatory...
    Oh, and it goes without saying, since the Stashpocalypse is upon us retail therapy is out, but Jack is a wonderful helper too... self medicate as necessary... ;)

    Feel better LBC!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Val! I've never had serious back pain before and it is probably one of the most frustrating things I've dealt with. I'm such a busy, let's-go kind of person that it's killing me to just lay in the chair and sit. And with the meds I'm on currently, no work and no driving. No hexies either until my brain unfogs a bit. :P I'm hoping to get a couple more sewn this evening though! Retail therapy is definitely out, but I agree, some self medicating may be needed. Jack and I aren't acquainted, but I've got a sweet tooth that could use some assistance. ;)

      Delete
  2. Here's wising you a speedy recovery and follow the advise of Valerie. I'm admiring that free motion quilting under the hexies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa J! That FMQ is on my Supernova quilt! It's my go-to when I've had a bad day or feel sick. Something about cuddling with it just makes me feel a bit better. I've been dragging it around with me like Linus from Charlie Brown. Lol.

      Delete
  3. Sorry to hear you're not feeling well. Good that you were able to do some EPP to keep you occupied and entertained. There goes Val again pushing that Jack. ha ha ha ha ha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anja! Val and Jack just go hand in hand, there's no denying it! Lol.

      Delete
  4. Hoping that your back issues are resolved real soon and you can start crawling on the floor basting your Orange Peels quilt. Also, that Mr. LBC will be well soon too. I'm love seeing all those hexies in the jar. You are making progress. Do you have anything in mind for them? I keep seeing these amazing quilts made with them and not the traditional Grandmother's Garden either. Bonnie Hunter has pictures of hers on her website.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer! Like I told the triage nurse at the ER, with Mr. LBC and I, it seems that when it rains, it pours! I saw that jar in our spare bedroom and knew it needed to be filled with hexies. :) It's actually an old spaghetti sauce jar that I ran through the dishwasher. Lol. I'm hoping this grows into a quilt, how exciting would that be?! I've got an idea in my brain on how to put them together, but nothing set in stone yet. I've got plenty of time to think about it while recovering though.

      Delete
  5. Sorry your back hurts, I home you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cheryl! I'm trying to stay positive, here's to hoping that positivity turns into healing!

      Delete