Pages

Friday, September 30, 2016

The Magic Continues: More Harry Potter Paper Piecing!

Howdy y'all, just stopping by to check in! I've been sewing quite a bit lately, but nothing really worth sharing I feel like. Today has been a pajama day, drinking hot tea and hiding from the cool weather that has descended. That means lots of sewing, thank goodness! I finished up another block for the HP Project of Doom and figured I would share my progress since last time. I really like having this long term project to work on. It keeps me on my toes if I need a challenge, but doesn't demand to be worked on when I'm not feeling up to it. Plus, it's a perfect use of my stash and scraps, which is how all my sewing has to be for now.

First up, a grindylow! This is the block I'm most proud of so far! If you follow me on Twitter, you already saw this one, which I shared as soon as I finish because I was in complete awe. Lol. I'm planning to make this guy look like he's in a jar and set him on top of a little cabinet beside the  bookcase.

Next up, a crystal ball. I don't think I would be one for Divination if I went to Hogwarts, but it does make a lovely knick knack for the bookcase. :)

What Harry Potter project would be complete without Harry's glasses?! I'm really proud of getting all those little pieces to line up as well as they did!

Although I already have a candle, I couldn't resist making the little blue flame that Hermione can carry around in a jam jar. I really liked piecing the little flame, something about it was so soothing. :)

And lastly, the block I just finished this evening, is a mortar and pestle, along with a jar of some mystery substance. Remember the little cabinet I just mentioned? I envision it as a little apothecary cabinet with plenty of jars and what-not, so I needed a mortar and pestle! :)

All these patterns are available for free at Fandom in Stitches - check out the Harry Potter Bookcase page, along with the regular Harry Potter patterns. There are a ton to choose from!

4 comments:

  1. Your HP blocks are fantastic. You are really doing a great job with all those paper pieced blocks. How are Elvis and LBC doing? I feel like I've had jet lag ever since we got back to Nevada after being on the road for 3 1/2 months. Of course, it wouldn't be jet lag, it would be vacation lag. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jennifer! Elvis and Spaz are rotten as ever, but doing well, thanks for asking! :) If I was going to have any kind of lag, it would be vacation lag! LOL.

      Delete
  2. You're doing great. Can't wait to see all your blocks when they're done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Anja! I'm excited to see how this quilt will shape up because I honestly have no idea what it will look like by the time I end! :)

      Delete