Pages

Friday, May 6, 2016

The Jayci Quilt: A Finish


Elvis is always up for a photobomb! And you can just see LBC's little paws on the upper right corner. :)
Hey y'all! I've been meaning to share this finished commission quilt for a while, but I have been so busy lately. I've been working like crazy, then I come home and work even more on commissions or other side jobs. Needless to say, I'm one exhausted girl! Even too tired for blogging! These pictures aren't the best either, I snapped them on my lunch break since I was delivering it to my Mom that evening, who delivered it to my client.

This quilt was commissioned after my Mom showed off the Isabella quilt at her work. A soon-to-be grandma wanted a quilt for her new grandbaby, a little baby girl! The mommy-to-be isn't a huge fan of pink, so it couldn't steal the show like it did for Isabella. Instead, her grandma and her friends picked out a cooler color palette. Their first choices weren't quite successful (not enough contrast and the colors were a bit 'meh') but after a few pointers, she went back and picked out some different fabrics and it was better!

I appliqued the name on the same way as I did before, using Heat n' Bond and stitching around the edges. I drew this font by hand also, which was fun!
I really should take the time to lay things out nicely, not just toss them on the couch and snap a pic. :P

For some reason, everybody loves this rainbow print. It's glittery and fun and makes for a neat backing, I think.
I really like this picture, but I can't figure out what my camera was focusing on. Lol.

The client also wanted to have the same quilting, so I got to make flowers again! I really like this quilting motif, it makes me so happy!

A bold binding and a simple label rounded things off nicely. I'm hoping my client and the future Momma are happy with this quilt like I am! :)
Pretty little label. :)

Linking up with Finish It Up Friday and Needle and Thread Thursday.

Also, this is another project to mark off my 2nd Quarter Finish-A-Long goal list!
Looks like Elvis is as tired as I am!

6 comments:

  1. Oh Jennifer, the quilt is beautiful. I love everything about it and especially the quilting. As always Elvis is a cutie and I like how LBC got in the picture too, even if it was only his paws. I'm not sure if LBC is a he or a she so hope I got it right. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jennifer! This one turned out better than I expected and future grandma let me know she loves it! 😊 And LBC is a little boy. I'm outnumbered in this house, all boys but me! Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a lovely design, it would work fir boy or girl. I like the quilted flowers.
    Smiles
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate! I love the versatility and simplicity of this design. I'm sure I'll make another version at some point. 😊

      Delete
  4. It's awesome. I love the flower quilting. I've been busy as well and thinking about taking a week break from blogging (including reading blogs). There's just not enough hours in the day to accomplish everything.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Anja! It is hard to keep up with reading, commenting, posting, replying, and everything else involved with blogging on top of daily 'real life' matters. I like reading other blogs, but I've been slacking on commenting and posting. I try to stay up on things, but I've had to learn to cut myself some slack. Life is too short to not sit back and enjoy things sometimes, rather than stress over deadlines and check lists. 😊

    ReplyDelete