Pages

Sunday, May 22, 2016

It's Good to Be Back

Howdy y'all, long time, no see, right? The month of May has been eerily silent here, both in posting and commenting. I wish I could say I've been busy sewing and creating and hadn't taken the time to share yet. Or even that I was making progress but nothing worth sharing yet. Honestly, though, heading into May, I was losing steam and just had to stop. I ran myself down to empty and it caught up to me, as it often does when I try to do too much for too long. I did the bare necessities to get by, then would hide under a quilt and just be. 

My desire to create was gone. Not forever, I knew that wasn't possible. But there wasn't an urge to play with fabric and tackle the WIP's I had planned to. I sewed a seam every few days or so, but it did nothing for me. So I would shut off my machine, whisper 'Maybe next time...", and retreat back to my quilt. Rather than force myself to sew miserably, I stepped back. Some days I cut fabric from a Craftsy kit I bought ages ago. I even started cutting into my Alison Glass fabric when I started feeling a bit more inspired. But for the most part, it was the same: Maybe next time.

Last night, I sat down and sewed. And my heart was happy. :)

It's good to be back, friends. Happy Sunday!

2 comments:

  1. So glad you're back as I've missed your posts, but understand the need to kick back for a bit. Hi to LBC and Elvis. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes a break is what we need, but don't often take. I took a short social media break and just getting back into things.

    ReplyDelete