Pages

Friday, November 13, 2015

On the Design Wall: Orange Peels!

Howdy y'all, hope your Thursday is going well! I delivered Missed Punchline last week at my grandma and grandpa's 60th anniversary party. To my surprise, she absolutely loved it. :) She couldn't believe I was giving it to her and everybody was talking about how pretty/nice/etc. it was. She wrapped up in it when she got in the car to go home, so I say that it's a success!
After finishing Missed Punchline, I couldn't decide what to do next. I knew I should piece my backing for City Blocks, it's been sitting on the WIP pile for too long. But the onset of cold weather just made me want to curl up on the couch, not trek upstairs to the spare room where I keep my sewing machine. Passing through one day, I looked at my design wall and saw my Orange Peel blocks waiting patiently and decided to get my supplies out. I hadn't had an appointment in a while, so they've been sitting stagnant for a little while (here's the last time you saw them!).
I really need to consider a bigger design wall. Lol
So for the past week or so, I've been snuggling under my Supernova and stitching like crazy on orange peel blocks. I absolutely LOVE where these blocks are headed, it's such a fun design so far! Depending on the night, I've made anywhere from one to nine blocks in a night. I'm a slow hand stitcher, but I like to settle in nice and cozy and relax with it. I get to watch my favorite Youtubers and sew, what could be better? :)

Hope you guys have had a good week, we're almost to the weekend! A quick note: My camera broke before taking these pictures, so you may notice a change in the quality of my photos. I'm not sure when a replacement camera will make it into my hands, so please bear with me! And also, a mandatory picture of my favorite fur-boys. :)
Not quite best friends, but we can get close to each other without war breaking out. :)

Linking up with Needle and Thread Thursday!

8 comments:

  1. Oooh... Orange Peels. I like! Can't wait to see further progress. You know, because you needed that kind of pressure! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's almost to the size I want, but we'll wait and see! Lol. I'm having too much fun playing with these! :)

      Delete
  2. The colors/fabrics in your orange peels are gorgeous. It is so bright and cheery, the perfect quilt for wintertime when it can get dreary outside. I'm so glad to read that your grandma loved your "missed punchline". I know it made you super happy to see her wrapped up in it.

    Cute picture of the fur babies.

    Hoping you get your camera replacement soon. Happy sewing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love how this one has come together! All the colors were from stash and I've been buying low volume fat quarters periodically to cut more background squares. It's shaping up to be a favorite I think! :) I was surprised I could actually get them close enough and still enough to get a picture of them together. :) I'm hoping for a replacement too, though it may be Christmas or after before I can get one. :P

      Delete
  3. The orange peels are looking great. I like that you have my favourite orange in there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anja! I love the pops of orange, it's so bright and happy! :)

      Delete
  4. These are fabulous orange peel blocks Jennifer - the fabrics you chose totally rock!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lara! This project was totally impromptu, so I'm loving how it's coming together. :)

      Delete