Pages

Saturday, November 7, 2015

Throwback Thursday on a Saturday: The Beginning

It's that time of the month again! That's right, Jenn @ Quarter Inch From the Edge is hosting another link up for Throwback Thursday!

I've talked about this crazy little mess before here, but I didn't share any pictures. It's quite a travesty, but it still holds a bit of charm for me. Points are decapitated more often than not. I had no guidance on how to make a binding, so I just winged it (seems I've had that mindset from the beginning! Lol). I didn't know you could machine quilt either when I made this, so I rushed a crappy hand quilting job to be done within the time period I was given.

This originally just sat on my bookcase, but after I moved out of my parents' house, it became a mat for my sewing machine. It kept my machine from bouncing around when we had a glass topped desk and now makes it easy to slide it around on the card table I use. When I made this, I never realized it was laying the groundwork for where I am now! It's funny how things work out! There's still a little bit of time to link up with Jenn for Throwback Thursday (it ends tomorrow night!), so hop on over and share some of your quilty past with us! 

4 comments:

  1. It's hardly a travesty... it's a sign of how far your skills have come. Everyone has to start somewhere! Thanks for linking up with Throwback Thursday @ A Quarter Inch from the Edge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, it's an ugly little thing, but it is such a good reminder of where I began. I can glance from it to what is on my design wall (which I'll be sharing this week) and I can't help but be proud in the growth. :) Thanks for hosting TBT!

      Delete
  2. Lots of pretty colors in there and it is nice that you started quilting and haven't stopped. I enjoy seeing all that you have made and are making. Keep up the GREAT work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is fun taking a step back and looking at how I have changed and grown. I do like this color scheme, I might have to bring it back in a future project! Thanks for commenting! :)

      Delete