Pages

Friday, November 20, 2015

A Finish is a Finish, No Matter How Small

Howdy y'all and happy Friday! I hope you're doing well! I've got a little finish to share this week. You may remember my mini Supernova that I made while playing around a while back. Well today it was finished!
I couldn't help but show how tall it is compared to the First Born machine. :)
I had plans for some dense quilting with this little guy, but absolutely hated it once I got started. After ripping it out, I did two lines of quilting, outlining the main shape. One line was in blue and one was in yellow, which is hard to see in my pics (still no replacement camera *sad face*). This binding kicks some serious butt and is my best to date I believe! As you can see, Baby 'Nova is a little less than 3.5 inches tall and wide! I've been in a bit of a rut this week, so I'm glad to break out and have some fun with this mini mini! Hope you have a good weekend y'all, happy sewing!

Getting tiny!
Linking up with Finish it Up Friday and TGIFF!

10 comments:

  1. Ah the mini mini. So addictive! Though I can't believe you ripped out stitching on it. I'd have tossed it and started over (but I HATE ripping out stitching!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, I hate seam ripping too, but the fact that it was so small made me do it! Barely any time at all to get through the pain. And these little guys are addictive, I love it!

      Delete
  2. This is a fantastic tiny quilt! Is it for the #miniminiquiltswap on IG? A bunch of quilters just opening swapping 2"sq-5"sq quilts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It actually isn't! I'm not on Instagram, so I'm always late to the party on cool stuff like that. I am open to swapping, but it has to be through blogger/email! :)

      Delete
  3. That's a true mini. It looks great. Thanks for linking up with TGIFF.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute!
    No scraps are too small to save,haha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sew very mini is an understatement. Love it, but could never do it. Glad you are out of your rut and on the quilty move. Your work is so fun to see. Keep it up and enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer! My fingers got a bit bumbly with the littlest bits, so I had to use a bit bigger pieces and sew them to be smaller. It helped my sanity a little more! :)

      Delete