Pages

Saturday, August 6, 2016

Faux Baby Cherries: A Finish!


Hello Beautiful!
Howdy y'all! I'm so very excited to share a finished quilt with you today! Thanks to a quilting angel, I was able to get some backing material to start finishing up the tops that I've made. It's amazing what a shopping trip for fabric can do for your quilting motivation! I came home ready to sew all the things! I scored a lovely gray on gray 108-inch wide print - thanks to coupons, I paid around $22 for 3 yards of it! I couldn't pass that up! Now I've got backings to hold me over for a while! :)
The sun dipped behind the trees just as I headed outside and led to the BEST light ever!
Anyway, back to the quilt! As I mentioned in a previous post, this was made from a charm pack (Marmalade by Bonnie and Camille) sent to me by a quilty friend and some leftovers from another quilt. I used the Charm Pack Cherry pattern from the Fat Quarter Shop, but I only had 1 charm pack instead of 2. These aren't normally my go-to kind of fabrics, but I absolutely loved how it turned out! :)

First time stippling = SUCCESS! :)
I ended up stippling it on the First Born since I hadn't quilted anything in ages. Also, it may be weird, but I had NEVER stippled anything before this quilt! I tried once when I first started out and it was just bad bad bad. But it seems all my doodling paid off because it was a breeze and I absolutely loved it!
Happy quilt roll!
I tracked down all the aqua bits of fabric leftover from my Miss Kate quilt and put together a scrumptious little scrappy binding. I was a bit uncertain at first about such a bright binding, but it's one of my favorite parts of the quilt!
Love that scallop fabric, but wish I had the brains to cut it the other direction! Grrr!
And of course a little label! I'm proud that (almost) everything I've made this year has had a label on it.
Hanging out on the fence, a signature quilt pose at this apartment. :)
You may think that something is different about my pictures today - and you would be right! My in-law's gave me their old camera, an upgrade from my old camera that broke and a definite upgrade from my phone! I'm hoping to improve my photography skills now that I have a dependable camera, as well as improve my editing skills. I even remembered to put a watermark thingy in the corner for once! Go me!!

Thanks for stopping by and reading! Hope y'all have a good weekend, happy sewing! :)

Look who greeted me at the door! No editing necessary on this handsome hound! :)

6 comments:

  1. Great fabric find! This is a great finish. Good luck with the new-to-you camera.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anja! Jo Ann Fabrics always has some really good coupons, I never head up there without checking them first! :) And I'm excited to step up my picture-taking game!

      Delete
  2. Everything about the quilt is perfect; the fabrics; the quilting; the binding; and the label. Big hug for Elvis and LBC.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer! It's funny, everybody on my Facebook has been raving about this quilt as well. Something about it just feels right and everybody seems to agree to that! Lol. :)

      Delete
  3. What a sweet little quilt! I love the fabrics and the quilting. Thanks for sharing with TGIFF!

    ReplyDelete