Pages

Monday, October 5, 2015

Sad News...

I had plans to have a finished quilt ready to share early this week. I was quilting up a storm on Thursday, only to notice First Born (the nickname I gave my sewing machine, because it's like my first born child. Lol) wasn't acting quite right. It makes a few funny noises every now and then, but they go away within a row or so typically, so I don't worry. But this was different. If felt like things were sticking, not wanting to sew as smoothly as it should. At one point, I put the pedal to the floor and it was maybe going half speed. I finished my row and turned it off. And sighed.

Poor First Born... :(
The last thing I wanted or needed was my dear First Born to be unwell. I'm off later in the week, so I'm going to see how much a sewing machine doctor is going to cost. If I have the money, First Born will be fixed up right away, if not...well...I have two other machines in my possession that I'm going to try and get working. One is a newer Singer that was having issues from the time it as given to me (my MIL bought it at a yard sale where the previous owner swore it worked just fine. Yeah. Right.). The other is an old Singer I scored at a swap meet. I've never hooked it up, but it's a beauty. This might be just the right time to try it out for some piecing. I have a feeling quilting is going to have to be put on hold, but I'm hoping to have a replacement good enough for piecing so I can keep creating. If all else fails, I have my Orange Peels from long ago still in progress and EPP to keep me company, so I'll have something quilty to keep me company!

Have a good week y'all, hug your sewing machines!

7 comments:

  1. Oh no! I hope all will soon be well in sewing machine land... though it does sound like you have some back up options!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping to get to go tomorrow, so hopefully I'll have some answers! And if not, I'll find a substitute to get some piecing done. :)

      Delete
  2. So very sad. I hope the sewing doc is cheap (ha) and your first born is up and running like new. In the meantime EPP away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hand sewing is my best friend right now! Glad I got into it before now, I have a dependable source of fun now. :)

      Delete
  3. I hope all is well with you. I miss reading your posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jennifer! I'm still here behind the scenes, wishing I had something to post about. :P I actually get my sewing machine back on Tuesday, so I'm stoked to get back in the swing of things! I had plans to get a lot of hand sewing done, but a not so little surprise has been occupying my time. I'll have a post up this week about why I've been so quiet! :) Thanks for checking in, it gives me warm fuzzies knowing somebody has noticed my absence!

      Delete
  4. I'll be waiting for your next post. Take care and thanks for responding.

    ReplyDelete