Pages

Tuesday, October 20, 2015

I'm Back!!

Howdy y'all! So the sewing machine is back from the doctor today! YAY! I've been piddling with some hand sewing during my absence, but nothing worth sharing yet. Things have been exciting around here though despite a lack of quilty progress! If you've hung around this blog for a little while, you've probably gathered that our house is Mr. LBC and myself, along with LBC himself. A couple days after the sewing machine headed to the doctor, we had a new face join our family!
Hello world! My name's Elvis!
I work at a vet clinic and this fella came in as a recently adopted dog. He was nice to everybody, but he and I kicked it off right away. He spent about a week with the clinic before heading to his new home and, honestly, I was sad to see him go. But so is the life of a Vet Assistant! Imagine my surprise when I went into work a couple days later and he was there again! I thought something was wrong with him, but it turned out that the family's other dog didn't warm up to him like they wanted and they weren't willing to work on it more. So he was brought back to the clinic and put up for adoption again.
Sunning by the back door is the perfect time for a photo shoot!
Everybody assumed I would snatch him right up, but I didn't. My husband has been out of work so I was worried about being able to afford a dog, especially one of his size (50 pounds!). So I prayed about it. I just asked for a sign that he was meant to come home with us. And every financial obstacle that cropped up was taken care of somehow. So I took a leap of faith and brought him home.
LBC's face when he heard he was getting a new brother...and that his new brother was a dog!
It's been a major adjustment having Elvis with us, but Mr. LBC and I love him to death. LBC is still warming up to him, but at least he's not hissing and smacking the bejesus out of him anymore! Lol. I've been chasing him around like a toddler, trying to keep him from eating stray socks and couch cushions when we look away for a minute. In fact, I just grabbed a cotton swab out of his mouth right after I wrote that! Lol. 

I put my sewing machine through a few paces to finish quilting the quilt I was working on prior to the doctor's appointment and guys, the First Born is purring like a kitten! It's like a brand new machine and I'm in love all over again! :)

Glad to be back, I missed sewing and getting to talk with you guys! Happy Tuesday y'all! :)

4 comments:

  1. Elvis is SO cute and I'm sure LBC will be loving on him before you know it. So glad your first born is home and purring along like new. The quilt looks great. I'm so glad you are back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer! We thinks he's a pretty cute fella too, even when he's being naughty. Lol. And LBC is being more friendly each day, so we're guessing they'll be friends before long. :) And I'm so glad to be back!

      Delete
  2. Congrats on the newest addition! He's awfully cute? Do you know much about him? How old is he, he has a young face....
    Having worked in dog rescue for many years I always say "you get the dog you're meant to have when you're meant to have it"...
    Sounds to me Elvis was meant for you! So glad the stars aligned and you found each other!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The previous owner didn't have much info at all from the rescue they got him from, so a lot of what we 'know' is guesswork from the vet I work for. We're guessing he's about a year or so old (he certainly acts like it when he gets wound up! Lol) and he is some sort of hound dog mix. His colors say German Shepard, but his face is definitely hound. And both of our fur-kids sort of fell into our laps, so I totally believe you get them when the time is right. :)

      Delete