Pages

Wednesday, August 12, 2015

WIP Wednesday: A Baby on the Way (Not Mine!)

I adore this print, it's hilarious! Lol.
Howdy y'all and Happy Hump Day! Like my title says, there is a baby on the way in my life, but it isn't mine. A coworker of mine is expecting to have a little girl in the beginning of November and her baby shower is fast approaching. This is the first time I've been around somebody who is pregnant from the very beginning. Her and her husband had been trying since around the time I started working with her; our entire workplace was cheering her on and consoling her as test after test was negative. We kept her light on her feet and smiling through the hard times until the day she finally got the positive test. :) We've ridden a roller coaster of pregnancy with her and it's been something else. Our part time doctor used his ultrasound machine and it was the first time I had seen anything like it...a baby, an ACTUAL BABY! Moving and dancing around on the screen!
I swear this picture wasn't blurry when I took it. :P
I knew from the start that I wanted to make her a quilt for her baby. She had admired a quilt I made for a Christmas swap and I didn't forget it. :) Her and her husband are big-time outdoors people, so I knew I wanted to go with that theme. What I discovered is that those types of fabrics are predominantly 'boy' themed. I did find some flowers to add though, so it still passes as girly, right? Hahaha.

A first for this quilt is that my husband actually helped me pick out some of the fabric. We were in a rush and stopped at Jo Ann's (which I hate having to do, rushing makes me anxious). It surprised me that he helped pull some fabric and seemed to enjoy it! After we got home though, I realized that we had nothing but busy patterns! I forgot solids or blender fabrics! I did manage to find a light gray in my stash and a dark grey polka dot fat quarter that seemed to fit the bill.

I found this pattern on Pinterest and figured it would be good to show off those bigger prints. It's a bit busy, but I kind of like baby quilts to be busy; it gives those little eyes so much to look at! The baby shower is at the end of August, so I needed something fairly easy to put together, but still fun and cute. :)


6 comments:

  1. Lots of fun fabrics for that new baby to look at. Congratulations to your friend. I've finally been working on a blog. Boy, it takes a lot of work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, that's great! I feel like starting off is the scariest and most taxing part simply because there's so many decisions. I fretted over layouts, templates, etc. before I finally just went with it and started posting. After that, it felt a little easier. :) Let me know when you go live, I'll come check it out!

      Delete
  2. It is scary and I'm not sure that I'll have enough to blog about. I think it is live now, but I'll still adding to it. Would appreciate your thoughts since I love your blog. http://rvquilting.blogspot.com/

    Where do you find all the cute fox/animal material?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I checked it out, it looks great! I love the set-up you have! I especially like your background, it fits things just right I feel like. :) And as far as the material goes, I think I'm a animal material magnet. Lol. Most of mine comes from Jo Ann's, but I've bought some from Connecting Threads too. Foxes and owls seem to be really big, so they aren't too hard to find. :)

      Delete
    2. Also, I didn't know if you were aware that you're a no reply blogger? If that's something you would like to change, simply google how to stop being a no reply blogger. It's super easy (I mean, even I could do it! Lol) and makes communicating with other blogs a bit easier. :)

      Delete
  3. Thanks for all the wonderful comments. I'll definitely try to remove the 'No Reply". Going to look it up now while I have internet which is usually only about an hour in the early morning unless I go to our area manager's. I'll have to check out Jo Ann's when I get to Colorado. None up here. :) Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete