Pages

Saturday, October 20, 2018

Halloween Hexies: A Finish


My backyard fence may be my new photo backdrop from now on, it holds quilts quite nicely! :)
Y'all, it has been far too long! Renovating and moving into the house took over, as well as the new adventure of selling some homemade goodies at craft shows! But I have been sewing for fun a little bit and finally got around to photographing those finishes! Today was dreary and windy and my camera batteries were dead, so I had to use my phone. But the show must go on, right?!
The texture on this one is wonderful!
I love everything about this atypical Halloween quilt. I learned how to piece Y-seams and it was actually fun! And those Cotton+Steel prints are adorable. The cats are my favorite, though I bet you already guessed that! :) I quilted spider webs, spiders, and loops all over --- so much fun!




This quilt is actually fairly small, more baby sized than lap sized. I only had a fat quarter of each fabric, so supplies limited me from making a more functional-to-me size. The backing is a skeleton print from Jo Ann's and it's supposed to be glow in the dark! The binding is the same as the backing.


I'm not sure where this quilt will end up. I love it, but I may end up offering it to sell because I don't see it getting a lot of use in my home. We'll have to wait and see! Thanks for reading y'all, stay tuned for my Postcard From Sweden finish next time!









3 comments:

  1. Great quilt! I love the colours and you can't go wrong with C+S prints. Your quilting is perfect. Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a beauty and I look forward to seeing your finished Postcards quilt as well.

    ReplyDelete