Pages

Sunday, July 30, 2017

Living Life and Sewing Quilts: A Finished Commission to Share!

Shew, y'all, it has been crazy since I was last here! I've been working harder than ever, slowly working towards goals I set for myself and, a week ago, I got to check off one of those goals.


Stingray City, Grand Caymen!

Kayaking through the mangroves in Grand Caymen!
I went on vacation! But not just any vacation, oh no. I went on a cruise and visited places outside of the U.S. It's been a dream of mine to travel and see what is outside of my one-stoplight town and I've finally begun that journey! This post was supposed to be about a commission finish, but I can't help but slide in a few pictures of my absolutely amazing trip. :) Note: these pics are unedited but GOOD LORD, LOOK HOW PRETTY! I'm amazed my phone took such good photos! :)
Our first morning in the Gulf of Mexico! Pictures can't do these views justice!

Ziplining in Cozumel, Mexico!


Back to the quilting though! I've had this little baby quilt finished for a while, but had to wait until the momma-to-be received it at the baby shower. She and grandma-to-be commissioned it, letting momma pick out the pattern and fabrics, but the catch was she didn't get to see the actual quilt until her shower!
Such dainty, feminine fabrics. :)

The colors washed out on these sadly, the pinks and yellows nearly disappeared in the light! :(


She picked out most of the fabrics, I just picked out some fillers and whatnot to balance things out. The template is from the book Modern Designs for Classic Quilts by Kelly Biscopink and Andrea Johnson, just modified the pattern to the size I wanted and to include the border that momma-to-be wanted. :)
Momma-to-be loved this yellow floral but was terrified for it to be on the back. I told her to have a little faith because EVERYBODY loved this yellow print, including myself! :)

That little sprig to the left of the rocks is a fully bloomed out Elephant Ear plant now, it's amazing how time flies! :)
I'm happy to report she loved it! It's always so nerve-wracking to make a commission, you would think I'd be used to it by now. Lol. I have one more commissioned baby quilt in the vault, just waiting to be shared, hopefully you will get to see it soon! :)

5 comments:

  1. What a fantastic vacation you had. Love the baby quilt and look forward to seeing the next one. You have been very busy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilt. I am so happy to see you taking the time to enjoy yourself - you deserve it. It has been a tough year and I am sure this vacation will do you wonders.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a beautiful quilt....and I am glad that you are spending some time enjoying yourself. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That baby quilt is beautiful. Love those tiny little florals. I bet it was hard to come after that glorious vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you had an awesome vacation. Good for you! That's an adorable baby quilt.

    ReplyDelete