Pages

Friday, May 12, 2017

Keep Your Weinee Warm: A Baby Quilt!

Happy Friday, y'all! I'm excited to share my latest finish today! If you follow me on Instagram, you caught a sneak peek of this one.


A work friend of mine, who I lovingly call the Weiner Queen due to her love of weiner dogs, is having a baby boy soon. When she first announced she was pregnant, I knew right away that a quilt with wiener dogs was a must! It really was meant to be because the awesome pattern by Elizabeth Hartman came out not long after the gender reveal, giving me plenty of time before her baby shower.


The instructions for piecing the dogs were absolutely fantastic and I recommend this pattern 100%! There were a lot of pieces, but labeling my stacks with painter's tape and clover clips kept everything in order. Elizabeth is a fantastic pattern writer, I'm sure I'll be buying from her again!


I quilted a boxy meander all over, leaving the dogs untouched so they would be soft and have a little poof to them. I couldn't help but pet them when I was done! :)


I also made some bibs and burp cloths with the scraps. Having a matching set just sets this gift to a new level, don'tcha think?




I was so excited to gift this to my friend at her baby shower last weekend. I couldn't have been happier when she opened it and squealed before hugging it. Everybody oohed and aahed, but her happiness really made my quilty heart smile. The next day, she let me know it was already hanging on his crib, waiting for his arrival so baby and momma could snuggle in it. :)


Linking up with Finish It Up Friday and Needle and Thread Thursday!

6 comments:

  1. What a great gift package! I'm sure your friend will treasure it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a darling quilt - and a great post about it! I just love how you quilted it leaving the pups petable! Adding the matching bibs and burp cloths was a terrific idea. Such a lovely gift!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable, the dogs are super cute, wonderful gift!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes, things just come together! I love when that happens. Great job on the wiener dogs, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The baby quilt is adorable as are the bibs and burp cloths. Your friend's reaction to your gifts are priceless.

    ReplyDelete