Pages

Monday, January 15, 2018

The Last Commission of 2017: Queen-Sized Diamonds




Hey y'all! I've got another 2017 finish to share and this one is a big one! As you guessed, this was a commission for a queen sized quilt. I know I said I wasn't making anymore big commissions, but this was a family friend and I promised her a quilt before the ban was made, so I didn't break any rules! Lol.


She loved the diamond baby quilt I had made back in the summer and requested colors to match her bedroom: rusty red, earthy greens and browns, golds, and just a smattering of turquoise. This palette was WAY out of my usual tastes, but I thought it came together to be lovely. :) The sashing is an off-white/cream. I quilted it with Aurifil in Dove color, which blended well I feel like. It has become a fast favorite of mine, I can see why everybody raves about it!

As you can see, this monster was nearly impossible to snap a picture of indoors! I wish I could have got better pictures of this one, but like the pixelated heart quilt I shared last time, time was of the essence. Also, it was frigid outside and there was no way I was venturing out and dragging quilt holders (aka - my parents) with me. The woman I made this quilt for sent me a picture of it on their bed not long after delivery, which made my heart sing! She absolutely adored it and it made me so happy!


To make up for the crummy pictures, I had to include outtakes of Elvis being...well, Elvis. Lol. He loves being nosey and checking out my projects!

3 comments:

  1. That's a great quilt. Is it a pattern? Or did you make up the design? Elvis just wanted to be featured on the blog LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your quilt especially love the aqua and how it sparkles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cool quilt pattern, and boy, do I love your fabrics! Gotta say I love your puppy too-animals make our quilts and our lives so much better don't they? any dog that loves little black cats is a dog I love. My favourite cat, my heart, who lived to be 17+, was a tiny black cat, 6 pounds.

    ReplyDelete