Pages

Friday, September 9, 2016

Pretty in Pink: A Baby Quilt Finish

Happy Friday, y'all! I'm glad I finished this baby quilt last weekend because I have barely sewed at all this week. It's been a tiring one, that's for sure! This is the result of some of those squares I showed you recently. I had originally planned for this to be a quilt to donate, but part way through sewing, the quilt told me that wasn't the plan anymore. Isn't it funny how a quilt knows where its heading, even before us sometimes? :) My husband's cousin is due to give birth any day now and what kind of quilter would I be if that baby didn't have a quilt when it came into this world?!
Pink and gray, all the way!
I used the paper bag method for sewing the squares together - I just picked random squares and sewed them together without abandon. I'm sad that the bottom left is very pale/low value compared to the rest, but I'm sure baby won't mind. :)
Even Elvis was covered in glitter due to this fabric! Lol.
I went with simple quilting for this one. Straight lines about 1/4 inch from the seams in every direction. It was a nice change from my usual FMQ!
A simple label and a good view of the stripey binding!
The backing was a leftover glittery rainbow print and some scraps to make it big enough. This whole project was made from the stash, including the batting! Now it's just waiting for the baby to make her appearance. :)
A washed out quilt roll, ignore my cluttered patio! ;)
Linking up with Finish it Up Friday. go check out all the quilty loveliness that's being linked up this week! :)

13 comments:

  1. What a sweet baby quilt. Congratulations on your finish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks tubakk! It's nice to sew something sweet every once in a while, especially for babies! :)

      Delete
  2. Oh what a sweet present, I'm sure it will be well loved and treasured :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carie! I hope Momma and Baby like it as much as I do! :)

      Delete
  3. Pink and grey is so nice together. Great finish. Hope you get some baby cuddles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Anja! I'm not a pink person, but those pink and white polka dots are softening my resolve. :) Should be getting baby cuddles any day now!

      Delete
  4. This is gorgeous and I know little Ariana will love on it for many years to come. I like the quilting too. You come up with the greatest ideas. I really have a hard time coming up with ideas. I bet Elvis was all cute with all that glitter, just like EP (Elvis Presley). Ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dawww, you flatter me, Jennifer! The ideas I come up with are inspired by the wonderful quilters I surround myself with! You come up with great ideas, I'm still loving your Night Flight quilt! Sometimes I forget that simple is best, but I've seen several simple patchwork quilts recently that just made me want to make one. :) Elvis was definitely rocking the glitter like the King! I even found some glitter in my husband's hair today, we'll never get rid of it! Hahaha

      Delete
    2. Thanks Jennifer. Tonight I'm in the process of designing a mini quilt (18" square) for a swap which is supporting ovarian cancer research. It will be a first for me so stay tuned to see what I come up with. Glitter is like Christmas tree needles they are around forever. :)

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks, Pam! It turned out lovely for a stash buster, I feel like! :)

      Delete
  6. I love the combination of pink and grey. It's a very pretty quilt for a lucky baby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa! It's a loud and proud combination. New mommy loved it, so I'm thrilled! :)

      Delete