Pages

Friday, September 4, 2015

Throwback Thursday...On a Friday?

Howdy y'all! Once again, I'm late on posting something, but better late than never, right? I have to be quick about this one because life is screaming down my neck at the moment, but I had to share something with y'all today, even if it was small. Jenn @ Quarter Inch From the Edge is hosting Throwback Thursday again, so here's my contribution.

This is my first mini quilt! I made it after seeing a picture on Pinterest; it reminded me of LBC and I couldn't help but imitate the original maker. The blue fabrics were from a fat eighth bundle I snagged at Hobby Lobby and the rest were scraps from previous projects. I used Heat n' Bond to set all the shapes, then I stitched around all the edges. I used FMQ to draw the lines on the umbrella.

So what about you? Are you digging up an oldie but goodie to link up with Jenn's party too? You've still got a couple of days to join in the fun! 

6 comments:

  1. Okay... appliqué and FMQ on an early quilt?You're like a quilt prodigy! I didn't undertake any of those techniques for a LONG, LONG time! Thanks for linking up with Throwback Thursday @ A Quarter Inch from the Edge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bahahahaha, I am far from a quilt prodigy in my eyes! I just went to Walmart and looked for 'that bonding stuff' that I had heard about on Pinterest. Lol. That seemed easier than piecing all those blue portions. ;) Thanks for hosting TBT, it's always fun to see everybody's beginnings!

      Delete
  2. This is so cute. I love the kitty on it. You continue to amaze me with all your skills and pretty quilts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When my husband first saw it finished, he thought it was an actual quilt for LBC! Lol. Thanks for commenting, I love seeing your amazing quilts on your blog as well! :)

      Delete
  3. I love the kitty on the quilt! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! A quick Google search for cat silhouettes saved me the trouble of having to free hand one! :)

      Delete