Pages

Sunday, August 16, 2015

Progress Check!

Happy Sunday y'all! I've been buzzing along slowly with my work this week and just didn't have the time to document and blog it until now. I've got 3 different things to share, all in different states of progress.
The more I look at it, the more it grows on me.

The smoothest basting I've ever had, I couldn't believe it! Hahaha

I Spy Supernova dots!
First up is the baby quilt! Since you last saw it, I've got the top pieced and basted! It's not at the sewing table, ready to be quilted. I had leftover backing from my Supernova that seemed to fit the bill and I had juuuuuuust enough for this little quilt. If that doesn't say destiny, I don't know what does! Lol. I'm thinking some FMQ-ing on it, though I haven't decided 100% yet.
Next up is the primitive/Americana quilt I talked about previously. I also finished piecing it this week. I have to see if I have enough scraps to make a back or if I'll have to buy some backing for it. I'm not sure what kind of quilting to do on it, so suggestions are appreciated!

And lastly is something in the very beginning stages. Val over at Purple Boots and Pigtails is doing an awesome project. She is challenging the quilting community to help piece blocks for EVERY color of Kona fabric. That's right, EVERY SINGLE ONE! She wants to make all the blocks into a quilt and asked for everybody's help in accomplishing this goal (if you're interested in joining, just let Val know!). Check out some of the blocks she has made already here and here! I hadn't planned on participating at first; I've never took part in any sort of project like this before and, honestly, I wasn't sure how much it would cost to ship something all the way to Canada! Lol. But after a little talking, I decided to jump on the bandwagon and at least make a couple of blocks. I originally decided on Canary and Flame, but at the last moment, I saw Bluegrass was a color. Being a born and bred Bluegrass citizen (GO KENTUCKY!), I could NOT pass up the opportunity to let the Bluegrass State have a place to shine in this Canadian quilt. :)
                                           Help a girl out, would ya please??

So there you have it! Not a ton of progress, but enough to make me happy. :) If I get to feeling better, I'm hoping to get cracking on those Kona blocks this evening! Take care y'all!

4 comments:

  1. You have been very busy. I love them both. The Kona solids you have chosen look GREAT together. Can't wait to see your block.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was busy right up until this post, then I've been a bit useless since. A bad upper respiratory infection came through work and I was 1 of 3 that caught it, though I think I was hit the hardest by it. I was sick as a dog for 4 days before going to the doctor, but I'm on the mend and sewing like a wild woman to catch up! Lol.

      Delete
  2. Thanks Jen for playing along in terms Kona Project... can't wait to see your block!

    ReplyDelete